Alka Diamond Industries incorporated as Alka Diamond Industries Private Limited on September 28, 1989 under the Indian Companies Act, 1956, subsequently was converted into a public limited company under the name Alka Diamond Industries Limited in terms of special resolution passed on October 27, 1994. A fresh certificate for change of name was obtained from the registrar of companies, Maharashtra at Bombay dated January 5, 1995. The company was promoted by Shri Gopal M Verma and Krishna Swaroop Verma and its commercial operations commenced in 1989.
The company’s existing manufacturing facilities are situated at Unit no. 5 and 6, 1st floor, Shah and Desai Indl., Estate no. 2, Navghar Village, Vasai (East), Thane. The registered office of the company is located at 233, Pancharatna, Opera House at Bombay.
Business area of the company:
The company’s main business consists of exporting polished diamonds. It buys its raw materials from Antwerp in Belgium. These rough diamonds are then cut and polished in India before being exported.