Apte Amalgamations Limited was originally incorporated as the Phaltan Sugar Works Limited on 8th March, 1933 as a Limited Company under the provision of the Indian Companies Act, 1913 (VII of 1913) by the Registrar, Joint Stock Companies, Phaltan. The name of the company was changed to Apte Amalgamations Limited with effect from 29th June, 1982 .
The company trades and rents out property .The Company in the year 2009 had planned to enter into joint venture with another renowned group of companies regarding the club project. However, the Company is in process of re-installing, relocation and shifting the equipments within the factory premises of Plant II & III, to manufacture a range of products at the factory.
The Company also approached MSEB for reconnection of power supply to the factory and management is hopeful of restarting the operations. The company expects to complete the work at the earliest, and would soon take up production of certain range of new products at the Chemical division.