Artefact Projects, inspired by ‘Vishwakarma’, the engineering deity revered in India, undertook the challenge to establish itself in the field of consultancy for infrastructure and specialized project services till then, considered an exclusive domain of firms from developed countries.
Artefact provides project management services for highways, airports & urban development projects. The company has a global presence and reach of services. It has enviable foreign affiliations. It has formed a foreign company, Artefact Projects, Sdn. Bhd, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Artefact is an ISO 9001:2000 company certified by TUV Germany. More than 400 technical experts and professionals form the backbone of the organization. The company operates more than 25 site and project offices in India to service its clients.
• Incorporated in 1987. Forayed into infrastructure consultancy services in 1998 as engineers, planners and project management consultants.
• Sectoral focus on services for highways, airports, urban development (including SEZs, realty and townships).
• Provides entire bandwidth of services from concept to commissioning
• Service boutique of engineering, architecture and project management
• Manned by multidisciplinary professionals and enviable talent pool
• Established client base with repeat business
• Public limited company, listed on BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange)
• Market capitalization as on July 5 stood at Rs 360 million.
• National and international operations
• Robust growth of more than 30% CAGR since the past five years
• Contracts of fees amounting to more than Rs 1.45 billion under execution. Cost of projects handled exceed Rs 56 billion.
• Highway assignments completed, 20 Nos, involving 2642 km. roads at a cost of Rs 12.93 billion
• Highway assignments ongoing involve 3737 km, length at cost of Rs. 43.60 billion
• Catering to client segments in private sector, overseas projects
Business areas of the company:
The company’s multidimensional portfolio of services in the field of engineering, architecture and project management provides one-stop solutions for specialized services making extensive use of the latest technology, development concepts, financing options, and operational strategies.
• Zaidun-Leeng Sdn. Bhd., Malaysia Artefact has completed and undertaken a number of ongoing project assignments for rendering project services in India in a JV with Zaidun Leeng Sdn. Bhd on a continuous ongoing collaboration since the year 2000. Zaidun-Leeng Sdn. Bhd. is a reputed civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering company since 1975 in Malaysia. Zaidun-Leeng is an ISO certified company.
• Sheladia Associates Inc, USA
Sheladia Associates Inc, USA is a consulting engineering firm established in 1974 in the USA. Both the firms are jointly rendering consultancy services to the operation & maintenance contract of Gurgaon-Kotputli Amer section of NH-8 for NHAI and independent consultant services for Vadape-Gonde section of NH-3 on BOT basis ( km) in Maharashtra, India.
• Meinhardt Singapore Artefact has collaboration and joint venture with Meinhardt for ADB-funded state and rural projects in the state of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh in India. Meinhardt Singapore Pte Ltd forms a part of the Meinhardt International Group, and was established in 1974. The firm provides integrated engineering, planning and management services.
• Atkins plc, UK Artefact & Atkins jointly have taken up projects in urban infrastructure, township planning and airports. Atkins, a more than 80 years old reputed multi-disciplinary consulting company in UK, is one of the leading integrated planning, management and engineering consultancies in Europe. It has worldwide operations.
• AJM - Planning & Urban Design Group Sdn. Bhd. Malaysia AJM - Planning & Urban Design Group Sdn. Bhd. Malaysia is a renowned leading firm of town planners, urban designers and environmental planners in Malaysia.
• Arkitek MAA Sdn Bhd Arkitek MAA Sdn Bhd (MAA) is one of the large and prominent architectural and planning consultancy firms in Malaysia. Established in 1965, MAA has an award winning track record for design of projects they render sectoral services in Architecture, Planning, and Interior Design.
Project Based Ventures: • ICRA Ltd, Mumbai • National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, Nagpur (NEERI) • SICOM Ltd, Mumbai • Multimedia Consulting Engineers, Ahmedabad
• Airport Authority of India (AAI) • National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) • Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (Infrastructure and Project Monitoring Division), Govt. of India • Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai / Brihanmumbai Mahanagar Palike (MCGM) • Capital Area Development Authority (CADA), Chattisgarh• Mumbai Metropolitan Road Development Corporation (MMRDA) • Madhya Pradesh Road Development Corporation (MPRDC) • Madhya Pradesh Rural Roads Development Authority (MPRRDA) • Chhattisgarh Rural Road Development Authority (CGRRDA) • Directorate, Urban Administration and Development, Govt.of Chhattisgarh • Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) • Public Works Department, Chhattisgarh (PWD-CG) • IJM Infrastructure Ltd (a subsidiary of IJM Sdn. Bhd., Malaysia) • ICICI Ventures Ltd.• Chhattisgarh Highway Development Co.Ltd.