B K Duplex Boards was incorporated in September 1980 as a private limited company. It became a deemed limited company in April 1990 and was again converted into a public limited company in March 1994. The company is engaged in the manufacture and trading in duplex board and grey board. Commercial production commenced in 1982 with an installed capacity of 1200 tpa of media kraft paper.
After one year, the company converted the machine to manufacture grey board and increased the capacity of the plant to 10 tone per day (tpd). In 1983, it started manufacturing grey board and white duplex board. In 1989, the capacity was increased to 15 tpd.
The company came out with a public issue in January 1995 to expand its capacity from 7500 tpa to 12,000 tpa; for technology up gradation and modernization of its existing unit to manufacture coated board and white duplex board by putting up the balancing equipment.