Bright Brothers Limited was incorporated as a Private Limited Company on July 11, 1946. It was promoted by T.W. Bhojwani. The company was converted into full fledged Public Limited Company on June 27, 1994. The company was manufacturing Umbrella, Ladies Cigarette Cases, Table lamps, Wash Basins fabricated out of `Perspex' (acrylic) Sheets. The company acquired several rights for products/processes from abroad including the `Engle processes, `Kaberit process' and a proprietary range of plastic spheres known as the 'Allplas' systems.
In the seventies, the company diversified into manufacture of hi-teck precision industrial products for supply to OEM markets such as Phillips, Bush India, Voltas etc. In the eighties certain OEMs required manufacturing facilities to be located next to their own factories for implementing just in time techniques and this led to promoters of Brite Automotive and Plastics Ltd. at Pithampur in Madhya Pradesh to cater primarily to the requirements of Kinetic Honda Motors Limited.
The company installed its first injection moulding machine and started manufacturing household items like Combs, Bangles, Mugs etc. which were sold under the trade name 'BRITE'. This Trade name is owned by the company and is registered in the name of the Company since 1946.
Its manufacturing operation was set up at Tarapur, Maharashtra with an installed capacity of 850 TPA by installing 3 injection moulding machines. Presently the company has an installed capacity of 3,000 tpa and facilities at Bhandup and Tarapur. The company undertook to set up a project for setting up facilities for manufacture of injection moulded components. The company also undertook a diversification project for manufacture of office seating system at Tarapur.