Carona Limited was incorporated on April 17, 1953. The main object of company was to manufacture footwear, made of canvas rubber leather/P.V.C. under the trade name C.S.C & 'Carona'. The company has two manufacturing units, one at Caves Road and the other at Swami Vivekanand Road. Both the units are in Jogeshwari, a northern suburb of Mumbai. In the Caves Road factory, many varieties of canvas and rubber footwear are manufactured and leather footwear is manufactured at the Swami Vivekanand Road factory.
During 1989, the modernization programme and upgradation of technology were initiated at the Jogeshwari plant. This was carried out with a view to upgrade the project range and produce high quality, high value added products. Effective from August 25, 1987, the company changed its name to Carona Limited from Carona Sahu Co Limited.
The technical collaboration of company is with Rudolf Dassler AG of Germany, makers of Puma sports shoes.