Eastern Sugar & Industries, incorporated on December 11, 1964, has been engaged in the manufacture of white crystal sugar and molasses. The company had taken up a project to manufacture sugar at a leased unit in the East Chaparan district of Bihar. The agreement for determination of lease could not be fully implemented as on Jun. 30, 2007 and the project is incomplete. Meanwhile, it has been suspended from the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on account of non-compliance with listing agreement clauses.
The registered office is located at Hanuman Sugar Mills, Motihari, East Champaran district-845401, Bihar.
- The company was incorporated on 11th December. It was originally promoted by S.P. Murarka and consequently taken over by Shruti.
- The company's object is to manufacture white crystal sugar and molasses.
- The company decided to implement the project by setting up a plant to manufacture white crystal sugar and molasses.
- Existing equity shares held by the promoters.
- 16,95,950 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each for cash at par allotted to promoters on preferential basis. 75,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each issued for cash at par.
- The company has signed an agreement with CDSL and NSDL for dematerialization.
Business areas of the company:
Eastern Sugar & Industries predominantly operates in the Sugar and Confectionery Production sector. The company main activity is to manufacture white crystal sugar and molasses.