Force Motors Ltd was incorporated in the year 1958 by signing a collaboration between Vidal & Sohn Tempo Werke. The company, formerly known as Bajaj Tempo Limited, is a Firodia Enterprise company established in 1958 the founder and the managing director for the company was N K Firodia.
Four decades ago, Force Motors started production of the Hanseat three-wheelers in collaboration with Vidal & Sohn Tempo Werke, Germany, and went on to establish a strong presence in the light commercial vehicles (LCV) field with the Matador, the proverbial LCV in India. Through the 80s and 90s, especially in the last five years with a major product development effort, Force Motors has introduced new LCVs, a new family of utility vehicles, new state-of-the-art tractors, and a new range of three-wheelers.
Force Motors is a fully vertically integrated automobile company, with expertise in design, development and manufacture of the full spectrum of automotive components, aggregates and vehicles.
Business segment of the company:
Force Motors stands on the threshold of a new era in the automobile industry in India, with a stake in five products
1) Tractors: OX and Balwan - Modern tractors, sporting synchromesh transmission, Bosch hydraulics, excellent ergonomics and fuel efficient engines. Designed for demanding farmers of developing countries.
2) Three wheelers: Minidor - A family of new and beautifully engineered three-wheelers -- economical, rugged and environment friendly -- very efficient transport for people and goods.
3) Light commercial vehicles: Traveller and Excel range of passenger and goods carriers. Powered by a family of DI and IDI engines including the legendary Mercedes derived OM 616 engines. A range of high reliability axles and transmissions add value.
4) Multi Utility Vehicles: Complete range of multi utility vehicles including Trax Judo, Trax Gama, Trax Cruiser, Trax Kargo King range of single cabin and double cabin pickups. And the 4X4 cross country vehicle - Trax Gurkha.
5) Heavy commercial vehicles: In technical collaboration with MAN AG, Germany, the company will be introducing shortly a range of heavy commercial vehicles with a payload capacity ranging from 16 to 50 tonnes
Tempo was rechristened as FORCE MOTORS LTD.
New state-of-the-art HCV manufacturing facility was inaugurated at Pithampur.
Force Motors launched Traveller Shaktiman, Traveller Luxury and Traveller Smooth.
Force Motors shakes hand with HPCL for oil supplies Force Motors introduces a revolutionary passenger vehicle, Traveller 26.