JCT, one of the leading manufacturers of textiles and filament yarn, is the flagship company of Thapar Group. With operations in two distinct businesses -- cotton, synthetic & blended textiles and nylon filament yarn -- JCT is a market driven company fuelled by good work ethic, values and a high standard of performance. It is this culture that has helped establish the company’s reputation as one of the finest in the country.
JCT was the first textile manufacturer in the country to introduce eco-friendly fabrics made of organic cotton and its textile division was the first in the industry to be accredited with an ISO 9002 certification in 1996. Over five decades, since it commenced production in 1946, the textile unit of JCT has grown into one of the largest textile manufacturers in India. With an integrated textile facility in Phagwara (Punjab), a daily production capacity of 63 million meters per annum, and a product range consisting of some of the finest cotton and blended fabrics, this division has made a mark both the domestic and international markets. And this has been driven by the desire to excel in every sphere of its operations -- spinning, weaving and processing, as well as stringent quality control at each stage of production.
The company’s other operations include Filament Yarn, JCT was also the first to set up a Colour Picture Tube plant in India (manufactured by JCT Electronics in technical collaboration with Hitachi, Japan). Its Filament Plant is one of the largest in India with a capacity of 14000 MT per annum.
JCT follows a balanced model for growth -- corporate responsibility and contribution towards social causes such as literacy and environment, sports and sportspersons development areas important as innovations in production techniques.
JCT setup its Filament Yarn division in 1980 in technical collaboration with Zimmer AG of West Germany. The modern high tech plant started commercial production in 1989.
1. Material such as 100% Cotton, 100% Polyester, 100% Nylon
2. Various blends like Cotton/Polyester, Cotton/Nylon and Polyester/Viscose, Single and Plied Yarns (both with counts ranging from 6s to 100s) as well as Cotton Lycra and P/C Lycra Stretch material
3. Organic Cotton
4. End products such as fashion wear, sportswear, outerwear, active wear for Defence purposes and school uniforms
5. Weaves - Variety of weaves like Twills, Plains, Dobbies, Ripstops, Cords, Satins, Oxfords, Ducks, Drills, Tussores, Ottomans etc.
6. Flat Yarn on COP - It is produced on Draw Twisting (DT) machine with metallic cops package and widely used by weavers and knitters for women wear, scarf and base fabric. 7. Textured/Crimp Yarn - It is produced on texturising/Crimping machine. Its high bulk makes it particularly suitable for hosiery and elastic tape applications.
8. POY - Partially Oriented Yarn (POY) is used for air-texturising /Draw Texturising applications.
9. FOY - Fully Oriented Yarn (FOY), a recent development, is a cost effective product on paper tube and is used for Twisting & Weaving.
10. FDY - Fully Drawn Yarn (FDY) is characterized by large paper tube packages and heat set yarn.
11. Dyed Yarns - Dyed yarn is available in two varieties -- Hank Dyed and Dope Dyed. Hank dyed yarn is produced by using conventional procedures and is available in many shades. Dope dyed yarn is produced by using Coloured Master Batch Chips and it is characterized by colour fastness.
12. Nylon 6 Chips - Nylon 6 chips of high viscosity in the range of 2.6 to 3.2 R.V. are available which are used in Engineering Plastics.
1. Textile division 2. Filament Yarn division 3. Performance fabrics 4. Retail 5. Exports 6. Sports
Awards and achievement:
• JCT is certified with ISO 9001
• It has got certification of Oeko-Tex 100 Class 2
• It has also got GOTS/Skal Certificate for fabrics of this nature, namely Wide Width Sheeting, Dyed Bottom-Weight Twills, Dyed Shirting Twills, Natural Twills, Canvas and Flannels.