Kalyanpur Cements was incorporated in 1937. It was earlier known as Kalyanpur Lime & Cement Works, it got its present name with effect from March 09, 1988.
The company is located in the Rohtas district of Bihar and it has the manufacturing unit with an installed capacity of 1 million metric tonne per annum. The company’s operations have shown a marked improvement in 2006-2007. The company markets about 80% to 90% of its products in Bihar.
A reference was made to the board for Industrial & Financial Reconstruction (BIFR) in March 2001 and the BIFR declared the company as a sick-industrial unit on May 28, 2002. A financial restructuring package forwarded to the Govenment of Bihar is under consideration. A scheme of compromise between the company and its shareholders and secured creditors was also approved on November 21, 2006 by the high court in Kolkata.
The registered office of the company is located at 2 & 3, Rajendra Prasad Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal-700001.
Business area of the company:
The company is engaged in the manufacturing of cement.