Lakshmi Mills Company was established in the year 1910 by the visionary and pioneer late G. Kuppuswamy Naidu. The history of Lakshmi Mills is in many ways the history of the textile industry in Coimbatore.
For close to a century Lakshmi Mills has contributed to the development of the industry by promoting self reliance, research, import substitution, exports and technology. The company has also demonstrated its staying power by ensuring quality and customer satisfaction as the prime objectives. In fact, as a pioneer, Lakshmi Mills today is looked upon with respect and reverence as a company that paved the way for the rest to follow.
The company celebrated its golden jubilee, diamond jubilee and platinum jubilee and is now gearing up for the centenary celebration by 2010.The annual turnover of the company is around Rs. 100 crores.
The Lakshmi Mills Company Limited has under its wing diverse concerns that have made their mark in various fields - education, synthetic machinery and support systems. The companies have contributed in a large measure to the industry and to society.
Lakshmi Automatic Loom Works Limited - Lakshmi Automatic Loom Works Limited (LAL) is the result of collaboration between Ruti and Sulzer Brothers of Switzerland and Lakshmi Mills. The company is an ambitious Rs. 90-million project and produces upward of 5000 automatic looms annually.
Educational Institutions - The Lakshmi Mills Group, in conjunction with the Kuppuswamy Naidu Charity Trust for Education and Medical Relief, has various educational institutions under its banner. They are spread across various locations and cover the gamut of the educational spectrum.
Product range of the company includes: