Maris Spinners was originally incorporated as a Private Limited Company on September 18, 1979. The company became a deemed Public Limited Company under section 43A (1A) of the Companies Act, 1956 from July 1, 1994. Consequently the name of the company was changed to Maris Spinners Limited by deleting the word Private, and a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued on February 9, 1995.
The Company commenced commercial production in 1981 with an installed capacity of 11,856 spindles. Since its inception, the Company has undertaken regular expansion and modernization programmes to increase capacity and productivity. The present capacity of the spinning unit is 24,672 spindles.
The company presently manufactures 100% cotton carded yarn of counts 30s, and 40s for weaving, knitting and handlooms. The Company's spinning unit is located in Kattemalalavadi village, Hunsur taluk, Mysore District, Karnataka. Maria Spinners has a sound track record of productivity, and has been producing high quality yarn for the domestic market.
The registered office of the company is located at 11, Cathedral Road, Chennai-600086
Business area of the company
The company is engaged in manufacturing of 100% cotton carded yarn for weaving, knitting and handlooms.