Namtech Electronic Devices was incorporated on October 9, 1984 as Namtech Tai Electronics. Later on the name of the company was changed to Namtech Electronic Devices. The company is promoted by KPP Nambiar and Associates. The company is based in Bangalore, India and has additional offices in New Delhi and Mumbai.
Namtech Electronic Devices is an India-based company. The company was manufacturing gas discharge tubes light emitting diodes, light emitting diodes display and electronic energy meters. It owns 77.46% interest in Namtech Tai. During the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009 (fiscal 2009), the company disposed its major assets. As of March 31, 2009, the company had not generated any revenues. Namtech plans to focus on cost reduction and design improvement in order to meet the changing market requirements. The product range will be augmented shortly with the addition of three phase Electronic Energy Meter which has reached an advanced stage of development.
• 1984 - The company was incorporated on 9th October as Namtech Tai Electronics Private Limited and changed its name to Namtech Electronic Devices Private Limited on 21st April 1989. The company promoted by K.P.P. Nambiar and associates was converted into a public limited company on 10th July 1991. The company undertook to set up a strategic project for the manufacture of fuel safe gas discharge tubes and modules, which are substitution items, at Electronics City, within the village limits of Konappanna Agrahara Village, Begur Hobli, Bangalore district. The company entered into an agreement with Citel S A, France for technology transfer with reference to design and manufacture of a wide range of non-radioactive g.d. tubes and modules. The collaborators are to participate to the extent of 10% in the equity capital of the Company and are to buy back 25% of the production every year for a period of 5 years.
• 1994 - The company undertook to manufacture OCB 283 exchanges in India in collaboration with Alcatel, and 3 million pieces p.a. of ceramic type both bipolar and tripolar making it possible to reach the capacity rate of production.
• 2000 - K.P. Narayana Kutty joined the company as the managing director effective from September 2.
• 2001 - Namtech Electronic Devices Ltd informed that K P P Nambiar has been appointed as MD and designated as chairman and MD of the company for a period of five years w.e.f. January 1, 2002, subject to shareholders approval. EGM of the company will be held on January 25, 2002.
• Guards • Telephone guards • Surge protection modules traffic light system • Compact fluorescent lamps • Crystal and oscillators • Protectors/arrestors
Business areas of the company:
Namtech Electronic Devices, through its subsidiaries, engages in the design and manufacture of electronic voltage stabilizers cum surge protectors, light emitting diode, and other products.