Oswal Overseas (OOL) was incorporated on May 31, 1984 as a private limited company in the name and style as -- ANK Impex. The company was converted into public limited company with effect from October 9, 1984. Later on company’s name was changed under section 21 of the Companies Act, 1956 as Oswal Overseas with effect from May 6, 1992.
Initially the plant was set up with a capacity of 2500 TCD, which was enhanced to the present capacity of 3500 TCD in different phases.
During 2005, OOL had set up a furnace plant with a capacity of 6 tonnes per electric charges at the existing location at Village Aurangabad, Tehsil Nawabganj, District Bareilly (UP). Surplus power generated after meeting the sugar plant requirement is being used for manufacturing the steel ingots.
Oswal Overseas is in the process of getting registration for Verified Emission Reduction (VER) under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.