Somani Cements, incorporated on July 8, 1983 is engaged in manufacturing ordinary portland cement.
1983 - The company was incorporated on July 8, as a private limited company and was converted into a public limited company on January 17, 1992. The company was promoted by Gendala P Somani. The company's object is to manufacture ordinary portland cement. The company set up a plant with an installed capacity of 6,000 TPA at Village Kharsalia, Gujarat. The installed capacity of plant was increased to 15,000 TPA.
1995 - The company set up a plant for manufacture of 1000 TPD capacity cement at district Bhavnagar, under the technical advise of ACC-RCD. Somani Cements entered into a Memorandum of understanding with Cimmco Birla Ltd. and ABB-ABL Ltd for supply of plant and machineries.
2004 - Somani Cement informed regarding the change of address of the registered and administrative office of the company. The new office address is as follows: 202/A-B Vyavasae IInd Floor, Near Verai Mata Temple, Urmi Dinesh Mill Road, Akota, Vadodara 390 007. Ph. No: 5541897; Fax No : 0265-2331897.
2005 - Somani Cement bags an export order worth Rs 322 million.