S&S Power Switchgear was established in the year 1975 in technical collaboration with Brush Fusegear, UK for manufacture of HRC fuses. High voltage disconnecting switches were introduced in 1978 in collaboration with Southwales Switchgear, UK. In the year 1981, medium voltage switchgear was introduced for the first time in India in collaboration with Brush Switchgear, UK. Hawker Siddeley Switchgear, UK entered into an equity partnership as a part of the collaboration agreement. In the year 1986, Outdoor Porcelain Clad Vacuum Circuit Breakers were developed indigenously, type tested at KEMA, Holland and introduced into the Indian market for the first time. S&S Power has state-of-the-art modern manufacturing facility at Puducherry, India equipped with testing facilities, which are vital to meet the specific requirements for the manufacture of high technology power protection equipments for transmission and distribution. Careful selection of automatic and semi-automatic machines enables S&S Power to manufacture quality products to meet the stringent customer requirements. S&S Power had rapid growth in sales, which has been mainly due to the customer patronage in buying its products repeatedly and favouring us with large quantity orders. This was supported by S&S Power with the introduction of new products to meet the customer's changing needs.
S&S Power has executed and is executing export contracts from Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Nepal, Hong Kong, Oman, Argentina, UK, South Africa, Bangladesh, Vietnam and Thailand for supply of disconnectors. Repeated orders from these esteemed customers prove customer's confidence reposed on the company's products and our timely delivery.
S&S Power is the only company in India to have sold 3,470 circuit breakers and 4,000 nos of disconnectors in export market.
• 1975 S&S Power Switchgear incorporated. Commercial production of HRC fuses commenced in collaboration with Brush Fusegear.
• 1978 High voltage disconnecting switches introduced in collaboration with Southwales Switchgear
• 1981 Medium voltage vacuum switchgear introduced for the first time in India in collaboration with Brush Switchgear. Hawker Siddeley Switchgear joins as an equity partner as part of collaboration agreement
• 1985 Launched medium voltage SF6 circuit breakers in collaboration with Southwales Switchgear
• 1986 Porcelain clad vacuum circuit breaker for 11kV & 33kV developed indigenously, type tested and introduced into Indian market.
• 1988 Hawker Siddeley disinvests its shares of S&S Power
• 1989 Introduces miniature circuit breakers in collaboration with AEG Germany
• 1990 Original promoters disinvest their holdings in favour of the Jalan Group.
• 1992 S&S Power Corporation Sdn Bhd incorporated in association with Toprank Corporation Sdn Bhd for assembly of medium voltage switchgear in Malaysia.
• 1994 New products in medium voltage launched. S&S Power sucessfully designs, type tests and introduces horizontal drawout vacuum circuit breakers and pole mounted vacuum auto reclosers into the market.
• 1995 S&S Power restructures its organisation to Improve its customer orientation.
• 1996 Exclusive unit for the manufacture of disconnectors for world market established at Pondicherry.
• 1997 S&S Power takes over Acrastyle, UK -- a company engaged in the design and manufacture of control and protection equipment with a turnover of UK Pounds 10 million.
• 1998 New product in medium voltage launched. S&S Power successfully designs, type tests and introduces 11kV, 2000 Amps, 31.5kA indoor switchgear with vacuum circuit breakers in the market.
• 1999 New product in medium voltage launched. S&S Power successfully designs, type tests and introduces 11kV, 800 Amps, 13.1kA compact horizontal isolation indoor switchgear with vacuum circuit breaker into the market. S&S Power obtains ISO 9001 certification from RWTUV, Germany for all its manufacturing units.
• 2000 Engineering Export Promotion Council selects S&S Power for the Best Exporter Award for consecutive two years 1997 and 1998. S&S Power decides to concentrate on its core competence area in manufacture of medium voltage switchgear & disconnector. Fuse & MCB divisions hived off.
• 2001 Approval obtained from Electricity Authority of UK and NGC, UK for use of disconnectors in UK grid.
• 2002 Electricity Authority of UK & National Grid Council S&S make for supply and installation in United Kingdom
• 2003 Upgraded to ISO 9001:2000 version.
• 2007 Established new factory for control and relay panels
• Centre Break Disconnectors • Double Break Disconnectors • Pantograph Disconnectors • Vertical Break Disconnector
• S&S Power Switchgear - A leading manufacturer of high voltage disconnecting switches.
• Acrastyle-Ulverston, UK - Global sales and support for all products and services.
• Acrastyle Power India (formerely i-Power Engineering) - Providing engineering design services for control and protection of power generation and transmission & distribution systems.
• Acrastyle Controls, Chennai, established in the year 2007 - Manufacture and supply of control and protection equipment for high voltage power systems
• National Thermal Power Corpn • National Hydro Electric Power Corpn • Power Grid Corpn Of India Ltd • North Eastern Electric Power Corpn • Damodar Valley Corpn • Neyveli Lignite Corpn • State electricity boards • All power utility companies
• Mahkota • Projass • Viet-A-Co • Alstom • Comin Asia • LG • Franco Pacific • Viet-Phap • Gunkul Engg. • Koncar • United Utilities • Scottish Power • Northern Ireland Electricity • Alstom • Siemens
Awards and achievements:
• Single largest supplier of disconnectors in India
• Single largest supplier of disconnectors in Malaysia
• Single largest supplier of disconnecotrs in Vietnam
• Supplies made to other countries
• S&S Power is the only company in India to have sold 3,470 circuit breakers and 4,100 disconnectors in the export market.