Transpower Engineering Ltd was formed in the year 1978 as Transpower Corporation, a partnership firm. Subsequently it was converted into a private limited Company on March 4, 1980 under the name Transpower Engineering Private Limited. Pursuant to the resolution passed on September 27, 1991 under Section 31 of Companies Act, 1956 the Company was converted into a public limited Company with effect from November 25, 1991. Accordingly the name of Company was changed to Transpower Engineering Limited. The Promoters namely Shri Madhu D. Parikh, Shri Jayantilal M. Shah, Shri Manharlal M. Mehta and Shri Himmat N. Khara carrying on business under partnership styled as Transpower Corporation since 1978 has taken over the business and they have formed this Transpower Engineering limited.
The Company is engaged in design & manufacture of transmission line towers, sub-station structures & aerial mast etc. Presently TEL is a SSI unit. With its expansion the Company will out of perview of SSI status. However the change in the status doesn't in any way affect the benefits presently enjoyed by company.