TVS Motor Company -- a member of the TVS group is the largest company of the group in terms of size and turnover. The TVS group has always been inspired by a century-long mission and vision of its own destiny. It is not just a business but a way of doing business, which sets TVS apart from others. TVS Motor Company is the third largest two-wheeler manufacturer in India and one among the top ten in the world, with annual turnover of more than $1 billion in 2008-2009. It is the flagship company of the $4 billion TVS Group. The company has four plants located at Hosur and Mysore in south India, in Himachal Pradesh, North India and one in Indonesia. The company has a production capacity of 2.5 million units a year. TVS Motor's strength lies in design and development of new products -- the latest launch of seven products on the same day seen as a first in automotive history. TVS delivers total customer satisfaction by anticipating the customer's need and presenting quality vehicles at the right time and at the right price. The customer and his ever changing need is its continuous source of inspiration.
TVS has been at the forefront in bringing a revolution in the way personal commutation was happening, way back in the 1980s. Beginning with launching a simple, easy-to-use moped for the middle class in India in the 1980s to launching seven new bikes in a single day (first time in the history of the automotive industry in the world), TVS has often taken the unbeaten path to innovation.
1980 TVS Motor launched India’s first two-seater 50cc moped -- TVS 50.
1984 The two-wheeler major became the first Indian company to introduce 100cc Indo-Japanese motorcycles.
1994 It launched India’s first indigenous scooterette -- TVS Scooty, a 100cc model.
1996-97 Introduced India’s first catalytic converter-enabled motorcycle, the 110cc Shogun. Launched India’s first 5- speed motorcycle, the Shaolin.
2000 Launched TVS Fiero, India’s first 150cc, 4-stroke motorcycle.
2001 Launched TVS Victor, 4-stroke 110cc motorcycle, India’s first fully indigenously designed and manufactured motorcycle.
2002 TVS becomes the world’s first two-wheeler company to win the world’s most prestigious recognition in Total Quality Management – the Deming Award 2002. TVS wins the Technology Award from Ministry of Science, Government of India for successful commercialization of indigenous technology.
2004 Launched TVS Centra, a world class 4-stroke 100cc motorcycle with revolutionary VT- I engine for best in class mileage. Launched TVS Star, a 100cc motorcycle ideal for the rough terrain. TVS wins TPM Excellence award from Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance (JIPM). TVS wins Outstanding design Excellence Award for TVS Scooty Pep.
2005- 06 TVS launches its Indonesian plant. Launched TVS Apache, which set the youth’s imagination on fire. Apache went on to be the Bike of the year for 2006, winning six prestigious awards.
2007 TVS Motor Company rolls out seven new products. TVS launches its Himachal Pradesh Plant at Nalagarh.
2008- 09 Apache Refresh with Rear Disc Brakes was launched in December 2008. TVS Motor company bags two coveted IT awards in September 2008 -- SAP ACE 2008 Award and 2008 Symantec South Asia Visionary Award. Scooty Pep was launched with balancing wheels in August 2008. Scooty Wimbledon Collection launched in June 2008. Apache RTR FI was launched June 2008. TVS Motor Company launched the revolutionary 125cc Flame in March 2008. TVS made by its foray into the three-wheeler market with TVS King in March 2008.
2009 TVS unveils ‘High performance’ with Apache RTR 180 in June 2009. TVS scooty Streak was launched. TVS Flame SR 125 launched was June 2009.
• TVS Apache • TVS Apache RTR FI 160 • TVS Centra • TVS Fiero FX • TVS Flame • TVS Scooty • TVS Star • TVS Victor • TVS Victor GLX 125 • TVS XL Super
• TV Sundram Iyengar and Sons • Lakshmi Auto Components • Lucas Indian Service • Axles India • Brakes India • Harita Grammer • India Motor Parts and Accessories • India Nippon Electricals • Lucas TVS Limited • Madras Auto Service • Southern Roadways • Sundaram Brake Linings • Sundaram Fasteners • Sundaram Finance • Sundaram Industries • Sundaram Motors • Sundaram Clayton • Sundaram-Clayton • Srinivasan Services Trust
Awards and achievements:
2012 - CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2012
• The Deming Prize - TVS Motor Company is the only two-wheeler company in the world to be awarded the world's most prestigious and coveted recognition in Total Quality Management.
• Technology Award 2002 from the Ministry of Science, Government of India for the successful commercialization of indigenous technology for TVS Victor.
• Asian Network for Quality Award 2004 - TVS Scooty Pep won the prestigious 'Outstanding Design Excellence Award' from Business World and National Institute of Design.
• Progressive Manufacturer 100 Award - TVS wins coveted 2009 Progressive Manufacturer 100 Award for end-to-end automation of the entire business process of its lubricant brand, TVS TRU4.
• TPM Excellence Award 2008 - First category by Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance (JiPm). Most Investor friendly company by Business Today, one of India's leading business
• The 'Good Advertising' award by Auto India Best Brand Awards 2009.
• SAP ACE AWARD 2007 - The company won the SAP ACE 2007 Award for Customer Excellence in the Most Innovative Netweaver Category.
• TEAM TECH 2007 Award - TVS Motor Company bagged the TEAM TECH 2007 Award of Excellence for Integrated use of Computer Aided Engineering Technologies.