Western India Cottons Ltd. was incorporated as a limited company on September 6, 1954 and took over the assets and liabilities of M/s. Aaron Spinning and Weaving Ltd. The main objective of the company is to manufacture of cotton yarn (30s to 60s count) and cotton fabrics (mull, long cloths, poplin, cambric and dyed casement).
In 1994, under the modernisation scheme, the Company has commissioned, 3 ring frames, 2 carding machines, 2 JT-10 bleaching machines, 2 Ruti `C' looms and an auto coner.
In June 1996 the Company made a public issue of 20,04,000 equity shares of Rs. 10 each at a premium of Rs. 25 per share of which 2,00,000 shares were reserved for allotment to Indian Mutual Funds but no application was received. 2,50,000 shares were reserved for NRIs, of which 3,01,700 were allotted. 1,28,500 shares were allotted to financial institutions and banker and 43,000 shares to Indian banks. Balance 16,31,000 shares along with the unsubscribed portion above were issued to the public. (all were taken up).